keeping you in the picture
We Love Being Green, Why?
The environment is one of our most important priorities as we look to the future. Sustainable business practices, responsible procurement, recycling and carbon offsetting are all factors consumers and business customers alike are taking into consideration when choosing their suppliers.
Our latest digital presses were purchased not only for their quality and competitiveness but for their eco-friendly technology. The environmental impact was assessed at each stage of their life cycle, from raw materials and parts to manufacture, use, recycling and eventually disposal.
At Prestige Press we have for some time been aware of our responsibilities and we have in place good environmental practices, some of which are listed below. However, if you would like to come in and see for yourself, please contact us and we will be happy to show you.
Some green prestige press facts:
- We save and reuse our litho plates for reprints, when they are no longer usable they are recycled
- We only stock FSC certified or recycled FSC certified papers.
- All our laminates are biodegradable.
- 100% of our paper waste is recycled and turned into packaging.
- Litho alcohol free printing using vegetable based printing inks.
- We set up on waste material which means we waste less than 10 sheets of paper when we print.
- Our digital machines use vegetable based polymerised toner, which generates around 40% less in CO2 emissions than toner produced by conventional pulverisation.
- We hire our cleaning rags, which are collected when dirty, laundered and recycled.
- We have increased the amount of natural light in our building, reducing the need for artificial lighting for most of the day.
- All our machines, computers etc are turned off at night reducing our electricity consumption.
- We even recovered our office chairs which were destined for the tip.
- What started as good environmental practice has turned into good money saving techniques meaning we can deliver quality print that literally doesn’t cost the earth.